Overview of each standard Form Builder field included in Forms Manager.
STANDARD FORM FIELDS
- The Info Box field is used to add any text, links, photos, or videos to your form.
- Use the photo icon to add a photo to your form.
- Copy and paste the URL of a publicly hosted (ie. YouTube) into your form to embed the video in your form.
Single Line Text & Paragraph Text
- The Single Line Text field is a free text field for small bits of information like names, locations, etc.
- The Paragraph Text field is a free text field that allows users to add large paragraphs to their submission with more detail.
- This is the keyboard your users will see when they are using these fields on a phone or tablet:
- The Number field is for recording numbers (ie. PO numbers, dollars, etc.). It accepts decimals and hyphens, but no letters. It triggers the number keyboard on devices for quick entry.
- The Email field will only accept an email (with an @ symbol) and triggers a specific keyboard for easy input.
- The Telephone field triggers a number only keyboard and does not allow users to toggle to the letter keyboard.
- The Dropdown field allows users to select a single option from a dropdown list.
- The Multiple Choice field allows users to select a single option from a list of visible options.
- The Checkbox field allows users to choose multiple options from a list of visible options.
Date / Time
- The Date / Time field allows users to choose a date and time, just a date, or just a time. You can also control if the default state is the current date or blank.
Keep in mind that your app already records the date and time a form was submitted, so this field may not be required in your field.
Submit a Photo
- The Submit a Photo field allows users on mobile devices to quickly take a photo and then include the photo in the submission.
- Before the users submit the form, they can sketch on the photo they just took to draw attention to specific parts of the photo. The photo and the sketch are included in the submission.
Submit a File
- The Submit a File field allows users to attach a file to a submission.
- The eSignature field allows you to collect users’ signatures in the submission.
- The Sketch field opens a window for users to draw in and includes the sketch in the submission.
- The Callout Box is used to display important information to the people completing the form.
- Tapping the Phone Button loads the phone app on a mobile device with a specific phone number ready to be called.
- Tapping the Email Button loads a blank email in the user’s email app with a specific email pre-populated in the To field.
Multiple Choice with Details
- The Multiple Choice with Details field allows administrators to collect more information (via a free text field) when a specific option is selected in the multiple choice.
Send email copy
- The Send Email Copy field allows the users that are completing the form to choose who in the system should receive a PDF copy of their submission while they are filling out the form. They can choose to receive a PDF copy of the submission in their email as well.
- The Conditional Email field looks like a regular Dropdown field in the form, except each option in the dropdown has a unique distribution list that is set up by administrators. The recipients receive a PDF copy of the submission in their email when their option is chosen in the submission.
- The Priority field allows you to determine the priority of a submission. This field is included in the In Progress table for Save-As-Open-Ticket submissions.
- The Summary Description is used to collect a summary of the issue being reported in the submission. This field is included in the In Progress table for Save-As-Open-Ticket submissions.
- The Unique ID field generates a unique ID for every form submission. Administrators can choose a prefix and a starting number. This field is hidden in the form, so users cannot see it when they are completing the form. This field is included in the In Progress table for Save-As-Open-Ticket submissions.
- This field looks like a multiple choice field to the user submitting the form. Administrators, however, can set this field up to automatically close the corresponding ticket if a certain option is selected. For more information on this feature, check out this article.
Data sources are centrally managed lists that can be selected by staff within forms. Data sources help to standardize the data that is captured and make form building more efficient. These are the fields that pull from our data sources:
- The User Lookup field is an autocomplete field that allows the user submitting the form to quickly find a person’s name and add it. This field pulls from the User Management section of the app.
Line & Work Area
- The Line & Work Area field pulls data from the Line & Work Area section in the app. Any line & work areas that are published in the Line & Work Area page, will show as an option in this field. This field is included in the In Progress table for Save-As-Open-Ticket submissions.
- The Shift field pulls data from the Shift Management section in the app. Any shifts that are published in the Shift Management page, will show as an option in this field. This field is included in the In Progress table for Save-As-Open-Ticket submissions.
- The Reported By field is an autocomplete field that allows the user submitting the form to quickly find a person’s name and add it. This field pulls from the User Management section of the app and is helpful in cases where there is a shared login. This field is included in the In Progress table for Save-As-Open-Ticket submissions.